SECOND NATIONAL HYDROMET MODERNIZATION PROJECT
Loan No.: 8291-RU
Assignment Title: System Integrator services
Reference No.: NHMP2/2/D.1
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second National Hydromet Modernization Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include System Integrator services under the Project.
The main objective of the consulting services is to provide assistance in integrating, ensuring operability and implementing all elements of the RosHydromet (RHM) systems to be modernized under the Second National Hydromet Modernization Project.
To achieve the above-mentioned objective, the Consultant shall perform the following tasks as part of this assignment:
- Develop general system solutions, the technical policy to be applied for achieving Project objectives, the system architecture to be built as a result of the Project;
- Study the present condition of the RHM systems to be modernized, evaluate their performance, including that in comparison with similar foreign systems;
- Describe the standards, principles and methods of integrating and implementing the Project technical solutions to be applied, and of synchronizing Project activities;
- Review available technologies in the areas of meteorology, hydrology, climate research and change, and prepare price parameters of the existing market of the goods to be procured;
- Provide consulting assistance in developing technical solutions and terms of reference for procurement of goods and services under the Project;
- Carry out technical audits, develop expert opinions to assess how proposed, developed and implemented technical solutions (activities, components) comply with the Project architecture, principles, objectives and tasks, and with modern technical and economic demands;
- Provide timely and objective updates to the RHM and the PIU about any deviations in planning and implementation of the approved technical solutions and any implications of the mentioned deviations for the Project architecture and achievement of Project objectives;
- Develop and submit proposals related to clarifying existing Project components or additional components that may be required to integrate and implement the RHM systems to be modernized (if necessary);
- Provide expert evaluation of bids during competitive selection procedures of suppliers and consultants;
- Provide expert evaluation of how results of contracts performance under the Project comply with the Project general system requirements and architecture;
- Contribute to preparing training programs in operations in the modernized RHM system and to developing methodic documents for operations in the modernized system on issues of integration, operability maintenance and implementation of elements of the RHM modernized systems.
The duration of the assignment shall be about 3 years.
The Foundation “Bureau of Economic Analysis” acting as an implementing agency on behalf of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation and the RosHydromet now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Experience in coordinating and managing large territorially distributed contracts;
- Experience in development and/or implementation of information systems, including territorially distributed ones;
- Experience in development and/or implementation specialized technologies, hydrometeorological systems, including those of regional and national scale for National Meteorological and Hydrological Services.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below from 10:00 to 14:00 hours Moscow time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by April 17, 2014.
Foundation Bureau of Economic Analysis
Attn.: Mr. S. Kirnos, Head of the Procurement Department
27 bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd., Moscow, 119021, Russia
Second National Hydromet Modernization Project, Package # № NHMP2/2/D.1.
Telephone: (+7 495) 937-6750, fax: (+7 495) 937-6753