May 4, 2018
SECOND NATIONAL HYDROMET MODERNIZATION PROJECT
Loan No.: 8291-RU
Assignment Title: Economic assessment of the use of hydrometeorological data in weather-depended sectors of the economy
Reference No.: NHMP2/2/С.2.c
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second National Hydromet Modernization Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include economic assessment of the use of hydrometeorological data in weather-depended sectors of the economy.
The main objective of this assignment is receiving assessment of economic efficiency of use of hydrometeorological information for key weather-depended sectors on the basis of the developed methodological approach and technology of assessment.
The estimated duration of the assignment: 42 weeks.
The Foundation Bureau of Economic Analysis acting as an implementing agency on behalf of the RosHydromet now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. To enhance consultants’ qualifications they may form associations, for example, in a form of particular partnership, with or without establishing a legal entity and having legal capacity to exercise entrepreneurial activity.
The shortlisting criteria are consultant shall have the following experience and qualifications:
─ Experience in services related to economy of environmental management to the organizations of the sector of public administration and to public educations;
─ Experience in consulting services related to effective management and use of hydrometeorological information;
─ Experience in development and/or use of tools of forecasting or economic modeling in relation to different types of economic activity in service rendering in public finance management;
To perform the assignment, the Consultant shall involve the following key specialists:
• work manager, has to have the head of works who is responsible for the general leadership in realization of a task
• not less than one expert, and the confirmed experience in the field of development and/or the use of tools of economic forecasting or modeling having the higher education in the sphere of economy in relation to different types of economic activity, not less than a year;
• not less than one expert, and the confirmed experience in the field of:
- applications of methods of optimum use of meteorological information in the national economy with experience not less than 2 years;
- evaluating economic efficiency of GMI, climatic services, etc., not less than 2 years;
• not less than one specialist in development of full-scale geographic information systems, the rendering similar services having experience, not less than 3 years.
If necessary, Consultant may involve subcontractors/experts having special knowledge including in hydrometeorology, economic meteorology, including assessment of economic efficiency of GMI, GMI, climatic services, and etc., to performance of separate parts of a task under this lot.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection - QCBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below from 10:00 to 14:00 hours Moscow time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by May 22, 2018.
Foundation Bureau of Economic Analysis
Attn.: Mr. S. Kirnos, Head of the Procurement Department
27 bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd., Moscow, 119021, Russia
Second National Hydromet Modernization Project, Package # № NHMP2/2/C.2.b
Telephone: (+7 495) 937-6750, fax: (+7 495) 937-6753