June 17, 2014
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
SECOND STATE STATISTICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No. 4867-RU
Assignment Title: Development of Methodology for Constructing Tables for Calculation Processes and Recommendations for their Implementation into Statistical Practices to Estimate Accuracy of Macroeconomic Indicators.
Reference No. ST2/2/A.1.11
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second State Statistical System Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for developing of methodological recommendations for introduction into Russian statistical practice of tables for calculation processes to estimate accuracy of macroeconomic indicators.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the development of methodology for constructing tables for calculation processes and recommendations for their implementation into statistical practices to estimate accuracy of macroeconomic indicators. To fulfill the assignment, the Consultant should:
- review international recommendations, study and summarize practices of national statistical offices in this area;
- assess international experience in the field of development and application of tables for calculation processes to estimate accuracy of macroeconomic indicators as to the possibility to apply it under the conditions in Russia;
- review the analysis of statistical data, statistical observation forms and methods for data collection and treatment, available in Russia, and necessary the construction of tables for calculation processes to estimate accuracy of macroeconomic indicators;
- produce methodological recommendations for the construction of tables for calculation processes to estimate accuracy of macroeconomic indicators in line with the standards accepted in SNA-2008 and accounting for the specific features of the Russian statistics;
- develop methodological recommendations for introduction into the Russian Federation national accounts of methodology for constructing tables for calculation processes to estimate accuracy of macroeconomic indicators in line with the SNA-2008 standards.
An estimated duration of the assignment is 12 months.
The Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation appointed as Project Implementation Unit of the Second State Statistical System Development Project now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
The Consultant shall be an independent company with sufficient experience in carrying out similar work and with awareness of the Russian economy, methodology and practices of national accounting, system of enterprise, business, and tax accounting. This company shall have successful experience and organizational resources to fulfill this assignment within the indicated time frame. The Consultant shall be specialized in rendering consulting services, including those on developing statistical indicators, shall have experience in conducting research and in implementing similar projects in the Russian Federation and/or other countries.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 2006 and May 2010 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as an individual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or subconsultancy. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the experience of sub-consultant will not be considered while short-listing.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS (Quality- and Cost-Based Selection) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 11:00 to 17:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by July 15, 2014.
Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation
Second State Statistical System Development Project
Attn: Mr. Sergey Kirnos, Head of Procurement Department
27, bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd., Moscow 119021, Russia
Tel: (+7 495) 937-67-50
Fax: (+7 495) 937-67-53