SECOND STATE STATISTICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No. 4867-RU
Project ID P092429
Expressions of interest
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second State Statistical System Development, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for developing methodology for treatment of expenditures on weapons systems as fixed capital formation in the national accounts of the Russian Federation (No ST2/2/A.1.13).
The main objective of the assignment is development of methodological recommendations for treatment of expenditures on weapons systems as fixed capital formation in accordance with the 2008 SNA standards.
To fulfill the assignment, the consultant should:
- review 2008 SNA manual and recommendations of international organizations, and study and summarize experience of national statistical offices in recording expenditures on weapons systems as fixed capital formation;
- assess applicability of international experience to the conditions of Russia;
- review available statistical data, statistical forms and methods for collecting and processing data to present them in a format necessary for recording expenditures on weapons systems as fixed capital formation in the national accounts;
- develop methodological approaches to recording expenditures on weapons systems as fixed capital formation;
- develop methodological recommendations for implementing the methodology of recording expenditures on weapons systems as fixed capital formation in the national accounts of the Russian Federation.
The duration of the assignment should not exceed 14 (Fourteen) months.
The Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation appointed as Project Implementation Unit of the Second State Statistical System Development Project now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
In addition to the letter with expression of interest, please, present information on the possibility of your company to attract specialists with the required qualifications stated in the terms of reference:
The Consultant shall provide personnel with university degrees in the fields of economics, statistics, finance, or business accounting, with sufficient knowledge of data collection and processing methods and information technologies, with at least 5 year working experience in respective areas.
The Consultant shall provide the following key personnel:
- Project manager responsible for general project management and quality control;
- deputy project manager responsible for organizational, administrative, and financial management of the project;
- specialists with good knowledge of international experience in the field of compiling capital formation accounts; specialists in the field of statistical analyses of non-financial assets;
- specialists in the field of statistical classifications, SNA and macroeconomic estimates;
- specialists in the field of technologies of collection, processing, and dissemination of statistical data.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQS (Selection Based on the Consultants' Qualifications) set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 11:00 to 17:00 hours Moscow time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by May 26, 2014.
Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation
Second State Statistical System Development Project
Attn: Mr. Sergey Kirnos, Head of Procurement Department
27, bld. 3, Zubovsky blvd., Moscow 119021, Russia
Tel: (+7 495) 937-67-50
Fax: (+7 495) 937-67-53
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com