SECOND STATE STATISTICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No. 4867-RU
Assignment Title: Constructing a social accounting matrix on the basis of balancing the population incomes and expenditures at macro and micro levels
Reference No. ST2/2/С.1.12
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second State Statistical System Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for Constructing a social accounting matrix on the basis of balancing the population incomes and expenditures at macro and micro levels.
The Consultant should:
On the basis of the analysis of the recommendations of international organizations, the study and generalization of the available experience of the national statistical services and using the methodology of the System of National Accounts 2008:
1) Review and assess data sources available in the Russian Federation as well as needed forms of statistical surveys, and data collection and processing methods for constructing a social accounting matrix (SAM) with a detailed presentation of household sector (by institutional subsectors and income groups);
2) Develop methodological approach to constructing a social accounting matrix (SAM) of the Russian Federation with a detailed presentation of household sector on the basis of harmonized macro and micro data on household income and expenditure;
3) Carry out constructing of a test social accounting matrix (SAM) of the Russian Federation with a detailed presentation of household sector;
4) Prepare methodological recommendations for constructing a social accounting matrix (SAM) of the Russian Federation on the basis of harmonized macro and micro data on household income and expenditure, containing:
a proposed algorithm for constructing a social accounting matrix (SAM) of the Russian Federation;
recommended procedures for balancing household income and expenditure estimates in the Russian Federation at the macro and micro level;
recommendations for improving the information available in the Russian Federation for constructing a social accounting matrix (SAM)
The estimated duration of the work is 14 months.
The Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation appointed as Project Implementation Unit of the Second State Statistical System Development Project now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The consultant shall be an independent company with significant experience in conducting relevant work, knowledge of the specifics of the Russian economy, international methodology and practices of national accounting, Russian primary, business, and tax accounting;
- The consultant shall have successful experience in conducting programs of comparable scope and sufficient material and technical resources to carry out the work on the project within the specified time frame;
- The consultant should have experience in participating in consulting projects related to the modernization of the general government sector in the Russian Federation and/or other countries with transition economies.
An additional advantage will be participation in other IBRD and/or other international organization projects in the field of government sector reforms, transitional economies, institutional development.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 2006 and May 2010 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as an individual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or subconsultancy. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the experience of sub-consultant will not be considered while short-listing.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS (Quality- and Cost-Based Selection) method set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, published in May 2004.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 11:00 to 17:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by April 15, 2019.
Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation
Attn: Mr. Sergey Kirnos, Head of Procurement Department
27, bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd.,
Moscow 119021, Russia
Tel: (+7 495) 937-67-50
Fax: (+7 495) 937-67-53
E-mail: : email@example.com