SECOND NATIONAL HYDROMET MODERNIZATION PROJECT
Loan No.: 8291-RU
Contract Title: Delivery and installation of Lightning detecting system in the Russian Far East
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): NHMP2/1/B.3.a
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second National Hydromet Modernization Project (NHMP-2), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Delivery and installation of Lightning detecting system (LDS) in the Russian Far East.
The Foundation “Bureau of Economic Analysis” (hereinafter BEA) acting in accordance with Agency Agreement № 01-01-06/17-108 dated April 09, 2014 between the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, the Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring and BEA on the implementation of the Second National Hydromet Modernization Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for deployment of LDS in Far East, which will cover territory of Primorsky Krai, southern part of Khabarovsk region, Amur, Jewish autonomous and Sakhalin regions and will allow defining the following characteristics of thunder activity in real time: coordinates (with characteristics of location precision), precise time and current characteristics of lightning bolts with possibility of defining their type and uniting into lightning outbursts. This shall provide for constant monitoring of lightning activity.
The contract shall include the following:
- Preparatory works:
· Examination and choice of the most suitable Installation Sites for Lightning Detectors (LD IS) following the recommendations of the manufacturer;
· Preparation of LD IS for mounting with laying power supply cables and information cables, installation of power supply equipment and earthing, providing uninterrupted functioning of LDs;
· Preparation of design and operating documentation;
· Delivery of Goods (LDs, servers for processing and archiving of lightning registration data, for time synchronization, sets of SP, server rack, UPS, working place for visualization and analysis of lightning registration data, satellite equipment).
- Installation and testing:
· LDS mounting and commissioning;
· Acceptance testing.
- Instructing Consignee’s personnel;
- Warranty services and Technical support.
Delivery, installation and commissioning of the System shall be completed not later than October 30, 2021.
Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, edition of January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines, that meet the following minimum qualification criteria.
a) Financial Capabilities
Average yearly turnover
of the Bidder during the last 3 years
(2017-2019) should be not less than the sum equivalent to USD 10 million.
If the Bidder represents a Joint Venture (consortium), than average annual turnover of the Partner in charge (leader) of the JV during the last 3 years (2017-2019) should be not less than sum equivalent to USD 7 million and average annual turnover of each other partner must be not less than equivalent of USD 1 million for the same period.
The Bidder shall provide, as documentary evidence for the above information, copies of the auditor's conclusions for the above mentioned period or balance sheets certified by tax service of the Bidder's country (as a rule for the Russian companies).
b) Specific Experience with Similar Projects
1) The Bidder (if a Joint Venture/consortium – one of the partners) or its authorized subcontractor shall furnish documentary evidence of their successful experience for the last three years (2017-2019) in implementing not less than 2 contracts for delivery and installation of automatic lightning detectors (LD) in WMO (World Meteorological Organization) countries. Cost of each of these contracts for the stated period shall be not less than sum equivalent to USD 1 million.
2) Contracts mentioned in p. 1) shall represent territorially distributed projects for creation of LD networks using equipment fitted with autonomous power and possibility of automatic data transfer into data collection center, and including also delivery of hardware and software, mounting, installation, adjustment and introduction of LD networks, staff training.
3) The Bidder (if a Joint Venture/consortium – one of the partners) or its authorized subcontractor must have experience in development of data collection and processing centers (including message/file switching centers) based on modern communication systems and complexes for information processing and distribution.
4) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence confirming correspondence to the abovementioned requirements (information about contracts: name, address and contact person of the purchaser, period of contract execution, copies of certificates (certificates) confirming the correspondence of the equipment).
(c) Production/Organizational Capacities
1) The Bidder must have the certificate of quality of ISO 9001:2008 or GOST ISO 9001-2011 (quality management standards). This certificate shall be submitted by the Bidder to the Purchaser before signing the Contract Agreement.
2) The Bidder or its authorized sub-contractor(s) shall have capacities to carry out warranty services of the supplied Goods. To confirm such capacities, the Bidder shall submit documentary evidence of its capacities related to warranty services of the whole range of the supplied Goods in compliance with the Contract terms and conditions, as part of its Bid. The document shall include a detailed description of the service infrastructure, such as: material, technical and human resources (dispatching and technical staff); technologies and periods for malfunction localization, for repairs and spare parts provision, including organization and delivery periods of defective, repaired and replacement equipment. If the Bidder does not have such a service system or if it is insufficient for servicing the whole range of supplied equipment, it shall submit a detailed plan for including additional services into its service system. The Bidder shall include in the plan a schedule for additional service centers opening before completion of equipment delivery, indicate addresses of service centers, describe procedures for their roll-out (agreements signing, staff training, spare part supply arrangements, manufacturers’ authorization, etc.) and their operation.
Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from BEA,
Mr. Sergey Yu. Kirnos, Head of BEA Procurement Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours [from 10:00 to 14:00 hours Moscow time] at the address given below.
A complete set of bidding documents in Russian and English languages may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of RUR 7,900.00 (no VAT is charged)
or USD 100.00.
The method of payment will be direct transfer to the following accounts:
- for payment in Russian Rubles:
Beneficiary: Interregional Operation Department of Russian Federal Treasury (Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation)
Beneficiary Bank: Operations department of the Bank of Russia, Moscow 701
Beneficiary Bank BIC: 044501002
Beneficiary Account: 40101810500000001901
KBK 092 1 10 07000 01 6000 110
(please indicate: non-refundable fee of bidders under the loan No. 8291-RU,
Package No. NHMP2/1/B.3.a; (VAT exempt);
- for payment in USD:
Beneficiary: MEZREGIONALNOE OPERACIONNOE UFK, INN 7710168360, KPP 771001001
Beneficiary Bank: CENTRAL BANK OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION MOSCOW RU (CBRFRUMM)
Beneficiary Account: 40105840300000002901
Beneficiary Bank Account: 0011907227
Intermediary Bank: JPMORGAN CHASE BANK N.A., NEW YORK (CHASUS33)
Details of Payment: KBK 092 1 10 07000 01 6000 110
(please indicate: non-refundable fee of bidders under the loan No. 8291-RU,
Package No. NHMP2/1/B.3.a; (VAT exempt).
Documents will be sent by airmail for overseas delivery and surface mail for local delivery.
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 14:00 Moscow time
May 07, 2020. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 14:00 Moscow time May 07, 2020. Late bids will be rejected.
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of USD 58,000.00 or an equivalent amount in the currency of Bid, or any other foreign currency, or in Russian Rubles.
The address referred to above is:
Foundation “Bureau of Economic Analysis”
Second National Hydromet Modernization Project
Attn. Mr. Sergey Yu. Kirnos, Head of Procurement Department
27, bld 3, Zoubovsky blvd, Moscow, 119021, Russia
Tel: (+7-495) 937-6750
Fax: (+7-495) 937-6753
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.beafnd.org/en/
 For Russian companies, performing accountancy in accordance with RAS: in compliance with the Report about profits and losses (Appendix № 1 to the resolution of the Ministry of Finance, dated 2.07.2010, №66n) annual turnover signifies “profit” during the year (code in a line in forms of accounting reporting, stated in annual accountancy reports of the organization given to the bodies of state statistics and other bodies of executive power -2110), which means all incomes, received by the organization as a result of realization of goods and/or services during the year, excluding VAT, excise. For companies, keeping accountancy according to IFRS: annual turnover means “profit”
 Average annual turnover during last three years signifies arithmetical mean of annual turnover volumes during last 3 years.