August 28, 2019
SECOND NATIONAL HYDROMET MODERNIZATION PROJECT
Loan No.: 8291-RU
Assignment Title: Economic assessment of the use of hydrometeorological data in weather-depended sectors of the economy
Reference No.: NHMP2/2/С.2.c (Re-invitation)
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second National Hydromet Modernization Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the tasks for economic assessment of the use of hydrometeorological data in weather-depended sectors of the economy.
The main objective of this assignment is receiving assessment of economic efficiency of use of hydrometeorological information for key weather-depended sectors on the basis of the developed methodological approach and technology of assessment. The estimated duration of the assignment: 10 months.
The Foundation Bureau of Economic Analysis acting as an implementing agency on behalf of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation and Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring (RosHydromet) now invites eligible consulting firms (legal entities) (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. To enhance consultants’ qualifications they may form associations, for example, in a form of particular partnership, with or without establishing a legal entity and having legal capacity to exercise entrepreneurial activity.
The shortlisting criteria are:
Consultant shall have the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience in sphere of development and management effectiveness analysis by the public resources of the sector of governmental control and entity of public law;
- Experience of consultancy services rendered for state authorities and entity of public law related with the issues of government control improvement, including of management of economical efficiency not less than 5 years;
- Experience in big consultancy projects participation related with development of economic models improvement of separates fields;
- Project experience in the sphere of financial management for state sector of economy, including of management of economical efficiency in different fields (not less than 5 projects);
- Project experience in the sphere of management accounting of production, including state sector of economy.
Additional privilege is:
- Experience in projects, related with improvement of public resource control, including management of economical efficiency in the sphere of management of natural resources, including hydrometeorology.
Consultant may involve subcontractors/experts to performance of separate parts of a task under this assignment.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection - QCBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below from 10:00 to 14:00 hours Moscow time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by September 19, 2019.
Foundation Bureau of Economic Analysis
Attn.: Mr. S. Kirnos, Head of the Procurement Department
27 bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd., Moscow, 119021, Russia
Second National Hydromet Modernization Project, Package # NHMP2/2/C.2.c
Telephone: (+7 495) 937-6750, fax: (+7 495) 937-6753