SECOND STATE STATISTICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No. 4867-RU
Assignment Title: Concept development and customization of dashboards for key socio-economic indicators on the basis of the Rosstat BI platform
Reference No: ST2/2/B.23
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second State Statistical System Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for concept development and customization of dashboards for key socio-economic indicators on the basis of the Rosstat BI platform.
The Consultant shall:
1) To develop a concept for publishing key socio-economic indicators in the form of dashboards, including:
- a description of a holistic concept of the system where key socio-economic indicators are presented in the form of highly interactive dashboards;
- a brief review of the current state of publication of statistical indicators for government bodies and the public;
- New challenges and directions of system development:
· developing a future structure of the BI platform with the objective of creating new functions and a detailed list of tasks;
· developing a methodology for visualizing socio-economic indicators with the account for the international experience and the requirements for the BI platform;
- Requirements for the system:
· Defining methods of storing the data;
· Designing a common information model for Data Warehouse;
· Defining data classification methods;
· Standardizing and harmonizing code lists and classifications;
· Methods for integrating heterogeneous statistical datasets;
· Approaches for designing long term timeseries for backward compatibility under the conditions of changing reference and information data;
· Defining formats for data uploading into the data storage;
· Methods for specifying aggregation algorithms and procedures for calculating aggregates.
2) To propose options for arranging statistical data on dashboards, their visualization in a clear and understandable form, including:
- Designing standard structures of dashboards and set of visual components;
- Studying and reviewing the best practices of using classical and new types of charts for visualizing indicators trends, their internal structure, geographical aspects, ratings and rankings of regions;
- Describing methods for user interactive work with data, linking indicators by common dimensions (analytical attributes), data summarizing and drilling down, linked reports;
- Methods for visualizing statistical data on the multilayer maps with a possibility for data summarizing and deep detailing;
- Ways of linking spatial and statistical data, designing tables of correspondence to various standards for coding territories and other spatial data;
- Methods for organizing hierarchical spatial databases and creating universal map services for publishing statistical data;
- Methods for using OLAP technologies for multidimensional analysis of statistical data;
- Technologies for regular data updating and publishing.
3) To propose options for navigation systems and standard components of the BI platform:
- Hierarchical catalogue that is convenient for navigation;
- Establishing standard elements.
4) Development of the Concept for creating dashboards, including a design layout for the presentation of data on the main statistical domains (at least 10 dashboards and 250 indicators): Price statistics, Producer prices, Financial statistics of organizations, Entrepreneurship and business statistics, Transport statistics, Foreign trade statistics, Labor statistics, Jobs and wages (Pension Fund data), Household income statistics, Agricultural statistics, International statistics, Tourism statistics, Monitoring the satisfaction of users of official statistics.
5) Development of working dashboard prototypes (at least 10 dashboards and 250 indicators) for the specified statistical domains. The prototype must be implemented for possible further use on the Rosstat BI platform.
An estimated duration of the assignment is 4 months
The Foundation “Bureau of Economic Analysis” which was appointed as Project Implementation Unit of the Second State Statistical System Development Project now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The consultant should be an independent company with experience in organizing the processing of statistical data, knowledge of official statistics methodologies, experience in calculating socio-economic indicators;
- The consultant shall have the skills in the field of data visualization and infographics, be able to present statistical data in a visual and comprehensible form, know the data visualization methods (diagrams, graphs, etc.);
- The consultant must have knowledge of working with metadata, understand the structure of data warehousing (storing information on the description of the data pattern, description of indicators, reference books and classifications, data types, formal logic control rules, control of domain and referential integrity of data, algorithms for harmonization of reference books);
- The consultant shall be able to work with large volumes of data presented in the form of long time series and with different data groupings;
- The consultant should have experience of participating in major consulting projects related to the modernization of the general government sector in the Russian Federation and / or other countries with economies in transition;
- The consultant must have sufficient material and technical resources to carry out the work on the project on time.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 2006 and May 2010 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as an individual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or sub-consultancy. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the experience of sub-consultant will not be considered while short-listing.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQS (Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications) method set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, published in May 2004.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 11:00 to 17:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by April 07, 2021.
Foundation “Bureau of Economic Analysis”
Attn: Mr. Sergey Kirnos, Head of Procurement Department
27, bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd.,Moscow 119021, Russia
Tel: (+7 495) 937-67-50 , (+7 926) 207-21-34
Fax: (+7 495) 937-67-53
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Kirnos.email@example.com