SECOND STATE STATISTICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Loan No. 4867-RU
Developing methodology for enterprise groups accounting with the purpose of industry accounts compilation
The Russian Federation has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second State Statistical System Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for developing methodology for enterprise groups accounting with the purpose of industry accounts compilation.
The Consultant should:
- develop procedures for selecting and ranking enterprise groups on the basis of Statistical Register of Rosstat and other available information;
- develop procedures for analyzing the existing data on enterprise groups and creating statistical units with the account for the needs of industry and national accounts statistics, on the basis of the Statistical Register and other available data sources;
- develop algorithms for calculating SNA estimates and indicators by industries using data on enterprise groups on the basis of the data available in Rosstat;
- propose analytical tools for assessing the impact of profiling on the quality of published statistical data by industries and quality national accounts;
- formulate requirements for survey questionnaires, structural survey programs, and statistical register to support work on profiling and improve consistency of statistical data.
Consultants should review recommendations of the international organizations, study and summarize the existing experience of the national statistical offices and the methodology of the System of National accounts 2008 (2008 SNA).
An estimated duration of the assignment is 12 months.
The Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation appointed as Project Implementation Unit of the Second State Statistical System Development Project now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The Consultant shall be an independent company with sufficient practical experience in the field of this assignment, have a good knowledge of the Russian statistics, international methodologies and practices of national accounting, as well as Russian practices of business and tax accounting;
- The Consultant shall have experience in participating in consulting projects related to the modernization of the general government sector in the Russian Federation and/or other countries with transition economies;
- The Consultant shall have sufficient material and technological resources to fulfill this assignment within the indicated time frame.
An additional advantage will be participation in other IBRD and/or other international organizations’ projects in the field of government sector reforms, transitional economies, and institutional development.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 2006 and May 2010 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as an individual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or sub-consultancy. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the experience of sub-consultant will not be considered while short-listing.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS (Quality- and Cost-Based Selection) method set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, published in May 2004.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 11:00 to 17:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by August 2, 2017
Bureau of Economic Analysis Foundation
Attn: Mr. Sergey Kirnos, Head of Procurement Department
27, bld. 3, Zoubovsky blvd.
Moscow 119021, Russia
Tel: (+7 495) 937-67-50
Fax: (+7 495) 937-67-53